The new high-end Modicon M580 Ethernet Programmable Automation Controller (ePAC) features Redundant Processors, native Ethernet, and cyber-security embedded in its core and brings:
- Native Ethernet capabilities
- High performance
- High availability for processors & networks
- Enhanced cyber-security
- More flexibility in design and greater agility for your operations
- Smooth modernization solutions
Prepare your plant for the future:
- With a built-in Ethernet backbone, the M580 architecture interconnects all your devices and provides continuous communication flow to reap IIoT benefits.
- High level of computing power for increasingly data-intensive processes.
Boost your productivity:
- End-to-end 100 Mbps speed, from top to bottom
- Application response time up by 10 times
- 64 MB memory — data capacity of up by 8 times
- Availability rate up to 99.9996%
- Redundant CPUs
- Intelligent redundant power supply designed to dramatically extend life span
Protect your know-how:
- IPSec communications protocol
- Cyber-security certified (Achilles Level 2)
- Encrypted password access
- Strict supervision of firmware and software integrity
- Easy to configure Cyber security features via the Unity Pro platform
Evolve and scale your architectures without stopping the process:
- Add new RIO drops or new modules in the architecture.
- Hot swap your modules — with automatic reconfiguration.
- Modify channel configuration parameters, application or change variables.
Invest in the long term:
- Capitalize on Modicon's robust hardware platform and Unity Pro engineering software efficiency
- Migrate or modernize your installed base with a smooth transition to newer technology
Medium to Large process applications:
- Water and Waste Water plants: WWTP, Pumping, desalination
- Food and Beverage: Liquid Food, Dairy, Confectionary, Pet Food
- Mining Metal Minerals: Mining water treatment, Cement, Conveyors
- Hydro Power: Small/Medium/Large plants
- O&G: Midstream
- Transportation: Metro, Tunnels, Airports
- OEM Process: Material Handling, turbo machinery